May 2, 2010

Object of focus

This was taken at Boerner botantical garden in Hales Corner, Wisconsin (April 25, 2010). With this photo, I wanted to focus on the pollen of the blossoms. If I were to keep all the colors, then the eyes would have drifted away from the pollen. It was a windy day to take still photos, but with the help of my fiancé, this picture turned out better than I anticipated.

The picture below was taken at Grant park in Oak Creek, WI. I wanted to focus on the structure and pattern of the leaves.

2 comments:

Mike said...

I carry an umbrella in my camera bag for 2 reasons:
1) So I can take photos in the rain and keep the camera dry.
2) So I can block the wind so the flowers sit still. They sure do move around a lot!

Zdrav's Photos said...

The umbrella helped kept the object still, but it also blocked the light. Not only that but I'm way too lazy to crazy the umbrella.